Re: [APD] Mearuring Ph and CO2

Bill, if you are experienced, just cranking up the CO2 a tad is
probably all you need to know.  But, for those of us with less
experience it is much more difficult.  We can't really tell if we
have almost enough or far from enough CO2 because we don't have the
experience to "read the tank".  Since we know the fish will suffer if
we crank up the CO2 too much, we are hesitant to go past the point
where the fish just might be suffering.  But, what we see as fish
suffering a bit, may actually be normal behavior for those fish.  So,
a means to actually know how much CO2 is in the tank is very valuable
to us.  And, the only way I have found to do that is to use the
little doodad that has  known "pure" KH water in it, the same ppm of
CO2 as the tank, and whose pH I can determine.

Vaughn H.