From: Richard J. Sexton <richard at aquaria_net>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 3:41:39 AM
Subject: Re: [APD] Ballast electronic or magnetic?

>The 40watt u-tube compact fluorescents have sort of begun to take off as
the likely successor to the T8s in commercial use. So the 55w and 98w bulbs
aren't so likely to ever be produced in the same quantities as T8s or be
available for the same kinds of prices.

I use these and would like to ditch my 4' t8's and t12's.

They're brighter. The same lumens to be sure, but in a smaller space. I have
4 of these over a 40 gal 48" tank and they're about perfect.

I just use cheap warm white tubes and they're more than good enough. They're
about
$12 in cases.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net