Re: [APD] canister filter media advice?

"Need" is pretty subjective, where filtration is concerned.  I kept
my 29 gallon tank going for almost a year, most of that time using
just a sponge on a power head for filtration.  But, the water was
never really clear.  When I went to a 45 gallon tank I continued to
use just the sponge, but a bigger one.  The water was still not
clear, and even less clear.   Now I use a H.O.T. Magnum 250 on the
tank and esthetically it is much more satisfying.  (Now I can see the
O2 and CO2 bubbles much better!)

Vaughn H.