Re: [APD] CO2 measurement revolution in the plant tank hobby

I just heard of the membrane CO2 diffusers last night, so I have no
idea what their reputation is.  I do notice that they are still being
offered for sale.  What is their reputation?  If a membrane based CO2
measuring device would work dependably for a week or longer, that
could still be a very economical device.  My image of such a device
differs from Tom's because I relate to those who couldn't afford a pH
monitor (like me).  I see such a device being a lens shaped,
approximately one half inch diameter plastic throwaway, with
reference KH fluid plus indicator solution in it, all held by a
suction cup to the tank wall.  The throwaway part shouldn't be at all
expensive, being easy to mass produce.  It would only require that
the membrane be semi-transparent so the color would show through.
Replacing that part once a week should be economical.

Vaughn H.