Re: [APD] Ammonium Experiement

You noticed that also huh?  I was wondering if it were BBA or something
else.  It may even be intentional (or at least left on purpose) to
better resemble a type of coral.  IIRC, there is something called a gorg
that looks like that, though often they are brightly colored.

We talked a bit about that tank on APC a bit also.  My impression was
that the amount of N added by NH4 was fairly low compared to the EI
method but the plants used are more likely to do well in low nutrient
environments.  The lighting is fairly low aswell.  It looks to me like
the plant mass is actually fairly low and that the bulk of the layout is
taken up by rocks so the amount of nutrients need is less that if the
tank were that filled with stem plants.  Also note that they dose small
amounts, 2x a day.

Dennis