Re: [APD] Can't buy plant weights

On Nov 27, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Wise, Nicholas wrote:

>> Maryland Aquatic Nursery sells lead weight strip by the foot,
>> or at least they did.  I got some last spring, but don't know
>> if they still carry it.  It was really cheap.
>
> I seriously doubt they are selling lead.  Probably magnesium.

Magnesium is so light it almost floats by itself.  The strips are
more likely to be an alloy of zinc, antimony, manganese, and maybe
magnesium.   I googled plant weights and found this source of them:
http://leesaqpet.com/PICCAT/product_index/item/10555/.  So, they must
still be available somewhere.

Vaughn H.