Re: [APD] Problems with dupla substrate heater

On 11/22/06, hendra <hendra_n at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the multimeter is reading 1 instead of 0. Because its the same
> reading when I try to measure the resistance of air (open circuit as
> you call it). I'm a bit hopeless when it comes to electricity. But
> shouldn't the multimeter read infinity when I want to measure the
> resistance of air or for example the resistance from my left thumb to
> my right one? When I hold the two pins (of the multimeter) together it
> does go to 0 (it never becomes zero/stable but I can see where it's
> going), so that's what you call closed circuit?

>From what I've seen so far, you're far from hopeless with electricity. Are
you sure that your multimeter is set to read resistance? You are correct,
with the probes not touching anything the reading should be infinity (or
close enough :)) and with the probes touching it should read a solid zero
(should be stable). In any case, if you get the same reading in air as
connected to the two leads of your cable, it appears that you have a break
somewhere in the cable.

Eric