Re: [APD] KH question

In the Rio Negro lots of the fish you see in the stores are swimming around in water that hovers around 3.8 pH - 4.2 pH . Drops of a couple of units or so are not uncommon in lakes where the mouths of rivers empty strong rainfall.

sh

----- Original Message ----
From: Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 5:11:46 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] KH question

Liz Wilhite wrote:
> Yes, thanks.  And if I am not there to monitor the system this can occur.
> So if I happen to be planning to leave town for several days, and have
> knowledge of the equipment I have in place and its limitations,  then I
> might want to think ahead, right?  :)

I don't understand the concern over pH crashes. Isn't it the
conventional wisdom that pH doesn't really bother the fish one way or
another within reason? Even if KH was only 5 ppm and your CO2 tank
started spitting out at twice its usual rate, your pH would still be
around 5.7 which is above levels found in many blackwater streams.

--
Jerry Baker