Re: [APD] KH question

Where I live now my tap water has KH below 1.  I don't add anything
to "buffer" it.  I use 40 ppm of CO2 in the tank, and the pH hasn't
changed enough to cause either the fish, shrimp or plants to complain.

Incidentally, to buffer a solution requires adding a substance that
resists increases in pH and a substance that resists decreases in pH
- always two substances.  Adding just one, like bicarbonates, only
shifts the pH higher, it does not buffer the solution to a specific pH.

I just felt a need to be pedantic there.  Sorry.

VaughnH.