[APD] ( another ) Eclipse 5 Hex Lighting Question

I'm trying to purchase a nice Desk aquarium kit to be a planted tank.
I'm very new to Aquatic plants & clueless about electricity & it's terms.
I am looking into a Eclipse 5 hex, But have read the the light it comes with isn't acceptable for plants. But have read you can simply buy a different bulb / tube.
What kind of light does the Hex have? ( a tube of a bulb? )
And when I go to a hardware store what exactly am I looking for? What is the highest wattage I should get?
Are there any pictures or Details I can give to the lighting department so they can help me?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Not only does Windows Live? OneCare? provide all-in-one PC care to keep your computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup files a breeze. Try it today! http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca