Re: [APD] CO2 levels and why we care

Doesn't that also assume all alk. is from bicarbonate and that there are
no acids from fish waste, drift wood, etc in the water.  As I said, I'm
using a LaMotte kit for alk. and my Milwaulkee monitor is calibrated
using 7.01 solution and the slope was checked with 4.0 solution.  My
fish and snails are fine and the BBA is loving it.  Even the Corydoras
pygmeaus, who are usually a bit touchy about high CO2 levels (or maybe
its low O2) are happily schooling.  I pour CO2 into the tank for
probably 10 out of the 12 hours the lights are on, using a glass Rhinox
diffuser and get very good mist coverage all over the tank.

So I guess the question is, do we all actually have higher CO2, and
relatively unaffected fish, that we originally though or is something
else a miss.  I remember reading somewhere that fish should be fine up
to 40-50ppm, though I don't remember where or if that statement was
accurate.

Do I need to know this info to grow plants well?  Of course not, but why
can't I be curious?  I personally don't like people who bash others on
their pursuit of knowledge or better understanding.  Heck, where would
we (humans) be if people did not study obscure things out of curiosity?
I am not interested in my CO2 levels to make me a better grower of
plants, I am interested because I don't already know it.

Dennis