Re: [APD] Interesting idea

Based on the info from George Booth and Roger Miller and a few others -- but mostly Roger, I prefer these formula, roughly adapted with rounding from Celsius to Fahrenheit:

CO2 ppm = 15.696*KH*10^(6.37-pH) for 70 degrees F
CO2 ppm = 15.696*KH*10^(6.34-pH)  for 78-80 degrees F
CO2 ppm = 15.696*KH*10^(6.333-pH) for 83 degrees F

If you want to do the math yourself, the exponent is the pka-pH (so the pka is 6.37 in the first example).

Basically, the pka varies by temp according to
0     6.580
5     6.520
10     6.470
15     6.420
17     6.410
18     6.400
19     6.390
20     6.380
22     6.370
23     6.365
23.5     6.360
24     6.355
25     6.350
26     6.345
26.6     6.340
27     6.338
28     6.333
29     6.332
30     6.330

where the left column is degress C and the right column is pka.

The aquatic plant convention is coming in November:

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/convention.html