From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at yahoo_com>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:53:46 PM
Subject: [APD] Using a reference KH with a pH probe meter

Scott et al,

The good idea from all this is the fact it gets around the KH
issue in the tank and variation it can cause.

We have folks claiming 50-200 ppm ranges of CO2 based on the
pH/KH test readings and the fish are just fine, others have
35-50ppm and dead fish...........we know there's screwy issues
with our assumptions about KH.

By using a referenced solution for the KH, we eliminate one
variable/assumpotion that has been causing issues for sometime,
but by using a pH color change to measure, we lose some of the
accuracy.