Re: [APD] CO2 drop checker

Thats actually an interesting idea.  The probe is contained in a
specifically buffered solution.  The drop checker method means that the
pH of that solution is based entirely on how much CO2 is dissociating
from the aquarium water.  You now have accurate representation of CO2 in
the tank, based on kH/pH tables but it is completely unaffected by the
tank water itself.

BTW, a cheap tester can be made by heating and bending the glass test
tube that comes with the AP pH test kit.  You also get your Phenol blue
with the little kit. so grab your benzomatic torch and a pair of gloves:)

Dennis