Re: [APD] CO2 drop checker

Jerry,
If you can see a clear difference between yellow, orange, and red,
this can be used with a different indicator solution.  Phenol Red
would work fine for this purpose, and ebay now has someone selling
Phenol Red for less than $20 for ten lifetimes supply.  This would
require setting the KH of the water in the bulb to 20 degrees.  Then
orange would indicate 30 ppm, yellow orange would be about 65 ppm,
and red orange would be about 15 ppm.  I haven't tried it, of course,
but theoretically it would work, if the differences in color were
easy enough to see.  I haven't found any other indicator that would
work, that isn't yellow/green/blue.  Why don't you try this??

Vaughn H.