Re: [APD] Hair algae

Tom,
As long as you are using the AP Pharmaceuticals reagent, or any other
reagent using bromothymol blue as the indicator the results will be
the same.  And, if you set the KH of the distilled water in the bulb
at 4.0 +/- .2, it will be green at 30 ppm of CO2 in the water.  The
error range is only about 25 to 40, due to inability to judge what
green is, but that isn't at all hard to do -  green isn't a color
that is hard to judge, as long as your vision is about average.  So,
the "green level" will be whatever you want it to be green at - 30,
40, 45 ppm (Kh=4, 5, 6).  If you want it to be green at 20 ppm, use
KH=2.5 degrees.  This isn't even sensitive to  how much indicator
reagent you put into the bulb water.  You can use the standard 3
drops per 5 ml of water that AP says to use, or go to 12 drops, and
all that changes is the intensity of the color, not the actual color.

And you guys thought sliced bread was great?

Vaughn H.