Re: [APD] Random Musings on Ammonia Supplementation

Jerry Baker wrote:

>Has anyone tried using pure ammonia as a nitrogen source for a planted
>tank?

Are you planning to use Anhydrous Ammonia? I really don't think so. It is
really nasty stuff. Extremely volitile. Boils at minus 28 F at 1 atmosphere
pressure. I guess you are going to buy "ammonia" in a supermarket or some
such place. That is an Ammonium Hydroxide solution. I don't know the
concentration. Be careful to watch your pH. This is a strong base and will
raise your pH.

Please do be sure to report back to us your results. I am very curious to
know what you will find.

Jerry Smith in Bloomingdale, NJ