Re: [APD] RE Adjusting water height

David Grim wrote:
> Jerry,
> Lower the height of the water in the tank 1/2" or so below the overflow openings and put a powerhead and a heater in the tank for circulation and heat. Wipe the inside of the overflow teeth clean and dry, then put a bead of silicone (black?) across the lower 1/8" of the teeth of your overflow. Let it cure, and you will effectively raise the water level in the tank by the height of the silicone you place in the bottom of the overflow slots. Simple, and you can remove the silicone in the future if you want and it doesn't affect the function of any of your current standpipes.
> Dave

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I eventually settled on
plugging up two sides of the three-sided overflow using clear acrylic
sheet. The overflow was clearly designed for a much larger flow of water
than planted tanks require. Once two-thirds of the teeth were closed off
it functioned as expected.

--
Jerry Baker