Re: [APD] Caution with lead weights -- Or - Ethyl's Nails

The electric resistance of a cube from one corner to the opposite
corner would have to be calculated using calculus - the cross section
area would vary with the "length" of that conductor.  Of course, in
reality, resistance or conductivity measurements are made using
cylinders that are very long compared to the diameter.  (We tend to
call such cylinders "wire").  But, if you are using resistance or
conductivity to determine what a metal is, by cutting off a piece of
it, you would have to form that piece into a cylinder or long bar,
with a constant cross sectional area.  Or you could just try to write
with the piece - everyone knows that pencils are made with lead,
right???

Vaughn H.