From: Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 12:30:12 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] Adjusting Water Height

S. Hieber wrote:
> Nah. Surface water will still be drawn into the the overflow chanber.

Yes, but with the Stockman pipe water is withdrawn from under the
surface. That means that the surface scum is not getting sucked in. It
works when the water level in the overflow is lower than the tank
because the surface scum in the tank flows through the teeth into the
overflow and can never escape. Seems like once the tank and overflow
share a water level that the surface scum will no longer be skimmed if
the water isn't allowed to cascade somewhere.

While experimenting I may have made a discovery that will make Durso and
Stockman standpipes obsolete, but I'm not ready to say that quite yet.

--
Jerry Baker