Dennis,
Depending on the configuration you purchase from AHS this may or may not be
true. Odyssea uses the German straight pin configuration on all of its end
caps, however AHS uses the German style on its 55 watt units, but uses the
Panasonic square pin configuration on its 96 watt units. When I ordered my
new fixture from AHS I asked Kim if I could replace the end caps with the
German type (I ordered the 4 x 96 watt unit for my 125 gallon tank) and Kim
strongly suggested against doing so. Kim explained why to me but it promptly
went right over my head (something to do with variable wattage of the
different styles or something) perhaps Scott or Stuart could elucidate
further on that. Long story short, in my case I also had to order 4 new
lamps.

Btw I received my new AHS fixture on Saturday. Tom Barr had suggested
previously that the Jebo/Odyssea fixtures do not have the same lumen output
as the AHS units. All I can say to that is that, if anything, Tom grossly
understated the difference. It was really quite remarkable and significant.
That tank had never done much pearling under the Odyssea fixture, this
happened to be fine with me since even though it is CO2 injected with high
light, I was no longer interested in rampant plant growth, just steady plant
growth and little or no algae. I had achieved this with the Odyssea. Imagine
my shock when not 5 minutes after turning on the AHS unit for the first time
every single plant in the tank was pearling madly. To say that the AHS is
much brighter is a gross understatement on my part. To be clear, the Odyssea
was also a 4 x 96 watt fixture. I guess the old saw is sometimes true "you
get what you pay for".

Larry