[APD] Niagra Falls is Nice ... or Not

Although it is said that the sound of running water has a calming effect
I find it to be somewhat tiresome when it's in my living room and it's
the sound of water falling 23" in my overflow. I have heard of "Durso"
standpipes for built-in overflow chambers, but I wondered if anyone else
had come up with any other neat inventions for dealing with this?

It seems to me that the only real issue is that the water level in the
overflow is maintained too low and that simply attaching an appropriate
length of pipe to increase the height of the intake would solve the
problem. Has anyone tried just attaching a length of pipe to the drain
to maintain the water level higher?

--
Jerry Baker