Re: [APD] Odyssea Lights: Are they a P.o.S,?

Hi Nick,

  As I mentioned in an earlier message to Stuart, I think the guy I bought it from is a middle-man for the wholesaler.  Goes by the e-bay userID "weaponspeed" and also deals a lot with car parts and racing stuff.

  I think I got it for about 120, so not too much more than aquatraders.  At the time I was a "compact-fluorescent virgin" and a "planted tank virgin" and I didn't know about aquatraders.  Now I'm more informed, so hopefully the same mistake won't happen again  :-)

  All well, live & learn, right?

  Cheers & Gig'Em,
  Steve

Nick Ternes <woodland_gardens at gmail.com> wrote:
  I've got an Odyssea 65w CF over my 20 gal. No problems with it yet after 1
1/2 years of use. I think Stuart covered all of the mechanical aspects, but
what about the guy who sold it to you? If it's a dealer, ask if they've had
similar problems in the past from other units. If it's a private party, why
were they getting rid of a new unit? I hope you didn't pay more than
$90+shipping for it, as you can pick up a new one from aquatraders.com for
that.

Nick Ternes
Oostburg, WI
WAKO