[APD] Potassium Chloride Water softeners

Hi All,

Years ago I learned the hard way that water softened with sodium chloride
kills fish.
I then switched back to straight well water for the tanks (fish only).

Now that I've setup a planted tank, and started testing, I was surprised at
how hard my water really is.

My GH is 720 mg/L, KH is 400 mg/L,  PH 7.4
The water has a very high lime(limestone)content

We changed over to potassium chloride 3-4 years ago for the softener.

Is anyone using potassium chloride softened water in their tanks?

I know the potassium will be fine for the plants, but I'm unsure about the
chloride.

Thanks

Ernest