[APD] Macrandra Dilemmas

Not sure if Jeff is still collecting this info, but i would be very
interested in finding out what is up
with this plant//help out.**

I used to grow R. macrandra, but recently it has not been doing well
in the new water i have. I suspect
i am not reconstituting the water properly with minerals. My old water
was well water and had all the
Gh/Kh (and probably some of the traces) the plants needed. The new
water reads 0 across the board (before
reconstituting).

When i could grow macrandra, i used to grow it in:
What are your tank conditions:
Lighting - 4wpg
Temp - 80-82F
pH - ~7
KH - 5
Ca (ppm)- 80ppm
Mg (ppm)- 20ppm ( not sure 100% about mg)
GH - ~18 degrees total (this is for sure)
Cl (ppm)- ?
Fe (ppm)- ? dosed traces once a week (but the well water used to leave
rust stains everywhere, so i suspect high)
additives/frequency (PMDD, KNO3, CaCl, CaSO4, etc...)? dosed once a
week with po4/no3/traces, did not dose kh or gh
Substrate/additives/cables... substrate was fluorite, and i did not
have cables/other additives.

In the new water it grows, but it is green and looks unhealthy when
viewed from the top. I think the traces/Gh
are very important for this plant though i am not sure which one. It
makes sense since it is easily grown in soil
and in my old hard water. I miss my old water :(

Michael