[APD] Purigen

Hello all,
             Searched the archives, but couldn't find definitive answer. Does Purigen work well in the planted tank?

              I use Purigen in some tanks, works very well. I am concerned that it may work TOO well.

              Is Purigen scavenging the "good stuff" out of the water as well as the nasty stuff? My understanding is that it works similar to carbon, but without the danger of leeching anything back. Plus, it claims to be selective in what it absorbs. My hope is that it will not absorb my traces, PMDD, or anything that I would rather it did not absorb.

               Has anyone done any kind of experiment to determine if Purigen is in fact removing the "good stuff" ?

Mike