Re: [APD] web standards

Bill D wrote:
> > "The HTML and CSS standards."
>
> Nope, these are wishes, not accepted standards.

In the same way as claiming that the compact disk specification is a
"wish", despite the release of the "Red Book" standard in June 1980. I
think it's generally accepted principle that the inventor of something
is, by definition, the arbiter of what exactly that "thing" is.
Therefor, I think it logically follows that the inventor of HTML himself
gets to decide what exactly HTML is, but I'm open to the idea that he
chose to release his invention to the world for free and then had it
hijacked by a multinational corporation purely for its own financial
benefit. Somehow, though, I don't imagine that's what you meant.

--
Jerry Baker