Re: [APD] Calcium Carbonate question

On 7/31/06, Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> wrote:

> I believe Jerry Baker wrote this email section below:
> > Stuart Halliday wrote:
> >> Page is a mess in Internet Explorer 7. :-)
> >
> > Oh well. I thought IE7 was supposed to be standards compliant. Guess
> > expecting that from MS was like expecting lower gas prices from BP.
>
> It is. Well mostly ;-).
> IE7 fixes those silly CSS bugs that were left broken in IE6.

I wish.  It fixes some and leaves others.

But of course webmasters were not happen with these bugs so they made their
> own fixes.

Some did.  I wrote sites that didn't use hacks, and every one of them I've
tested works in IE7.

> If the site has a Firefox version then the site may well look OK if IE7
> users were directed to the Firefox version instead.

Jerry's site is fine in Firefox and IE6.  I am curious -- are you using the
first beta or the 2nd beta?  The first beta of IE7 was a mess. Note that
MSFT cleverly named the second beta with the same name as the first beta.  I
am surprised that you had problems with Jerry's site because it is an XHTML
1.0 strict site that validates, and thus far I have not found one that had a
problem in IE7 beta #2.

--
Liz
http://pottedliz.home.comcast.net