Re: [APD] Calcium Carbonate question

Stuart Halliday wrote:
> My KH is high at 15-20dh, ph is 7.8-8 and I've no idea what the CO2 level
> is. All the Co2 level graphs I've seen only go up to a KH of 10.

Use the calculator instead of the chart and know no bounds :)
http://fish.bakerweb.biz/calculators.html

With a pH that high I'm not surprised that the CaCO3 wouldn't dissolve.
CaCO3 really isn't so bad. Keep in mind that an irritant to creatures
using lungs does not necessarily mean it irritates those with gills.
Small particles are pretty irritating to lungs, but not necessarily so
for gills.

--
Jerry Baker