Re: [APD] sword root tabs -- or- Poking at substrates

Aqua Botanic wrote:
> There have for quite some time been multiple choices when it comes to
> substrates. More choices is a good thing. 15, 20 years ago laterite was the
> only choice. Now there are many choices.  So what?  Each has merit. Nobody
> talks much about it any more because the Barr Nation decided all you ever
> need to do is add ferts to the water. Thats all good too.

This got me to thinking that there might be some real merit where you
are trying to give the plant(s) in question a higher dose of nutrients
than the rest of the tank. I can see wanting to give my swords a lot of
nitrate and not wanting my hygro to have access to so much.

--
Jerry Baker