Re: [APD] Questionable advertising in Aquarium Fish Magazine

Barry Anderberg wrote:
> I would agree with you but the ad makes a number of false claims.
>
> Nobody but God can make plants "bloom on demand", let alone make them
> bloom all year round, or produce scented blossoms.

You have to think like a pessimist. I can make any plant bloom on
command, but you have to ask what exactly that command is. If I command
that a California poppy bloom sometime in the early spring, it will do
so. I can also make some some blooms have fragrance. Witness roses. I
did that. Don't believe me? Prove I didn't.

Of course I'm being absurd, but you have to look at ads that way. All
ads. There's no such thing as an honest marketing droid.

--
Jerry Baker