Re: [APD] Calcium Nitrate

Kettle, Sean wrote:
> Since I have almost non-existent gH (less than 1 degree of measured gH),
> I was thinking of switching from using calcium carbonate to calcium
> nitrate.  CaCO3 takes a fair bit to dissolve in my tank and I don't have
> a local source of the more soluble calcium chloride.

You can make CaCO3 dissolve really quickly by mixing it in a container
with soda water. Make sure it's only carbonated and nothing else. It
will dissolve fairly rapidly. If you're worried about the pH or CO2
shock of adding the mixture to the tank you can let it air out over
night first.

--
Jerry Baker