Re: [APD] Singapore Plants

Hello Robert,
I grow Australian native plants for the Aquarium trade and was wondering if
the Vallisneria from Australia should not be Vallisneria nana or V.annua.  I
can not find any record of Vallisneria natans occuring in this country
(Australia).

The last key to Australian Vallisnerias I can find was done by Surrey Jacobs
of the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney and it is published in "Telopea" the
plant journal of the Botanic Gardens.   That key with the descriptions of
two new Vals is available on line.   The article is titled "Notes on
Vallisneria in Australia with descriptions of two new species".  It is by
Jacobs and Frank.

http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/Telopea/index.php

Hope this helps you find the origin of your plant.

Cheers
Dave
http://aquagreen.net.au