From: Ng Heng Ghee <THGNg at ntu_edu.sg>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:22:16 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] Sudden death of all the healthy yamato shrimp

This is the 2nd time it happened on this tank. I did not realize that oxygen could be the problem.

In fact the water outlet of the canister filter is just 3cm below the waterline. I assume that it should provide enough surface agitation. Besides, this is a non CO2 tank.

I was told that too much surface agitation can oxidize the fertilizers we used.
Is that true ?

I will increase the light output and install a spraybar.
Thank Liz.