Re: [APD] Garden Hoses

But I think far more importantly, let your beer hose run.....

-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces+rtcrosby=charter_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+rtcrosby=charter_net at actwin.com] On Behalf Of
Bill D
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:13 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: Re: [APD] Garden Hoses

A tavern I visit has a long run from its beer kegs to the tap.  As a matter
of course at the start of the day the bartender pours several gallons of
beer and foam into the sink, to get rid of the old, spoiled beer in the
lines.

A day ago I was served the first pint of the day.  It had a skunky,
sulphuric smell and a subpar taste.  The bartender then drew another gallon
from the tap, discarded it, and then served me.  That second beer was very
good.

Moral:  Let your garden hose run for a while before you drink from it.

I'm glad that I could help.

Bill