Re: [APD] Where to get Calcium Carbonate?

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:36:45 +0100, Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get a hold of Calcium Carbonate in the UK.
>
> I can get Sodium Carbonate easily enough and the only stuff that is Calcium
> Carbonate is indigestion tablets with lots of other chemicals and favourings
> added to them.
>
> My chemist can't help. They don't sell it.

Gardendirect.co.uk, in addition to selling all the dry fertilisers you will ever need (KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4), sells as 'Carbonate of Lime' calcium carbonate (CaCO3) under 'Soil Conditioning'. I've never bought that particular chemical myself, so I don't know if it will arrive as a fine powered or something a little more lumpy.
http://www.gardendirect.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=352&strPageHistory=cat

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.