On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:26:24 -0400, Phaylanx at webtv_net
(Phaylanx At Chess) wrote:

>(2) Environmental project help needed
>
>Rehabilitation help needed for 1500 acres in TENN
>
>If you read this and have access to;
>
>Catalpa seeds  southern and northern
>Turks head acorns

PHAYLANX, I have access to lots of oaks, live in SW
Ohio so I'm not too far from the area you are working
on, live near several very much un-messed with areas
where I might be able to find you some of what you're
looking for--but I can find no visual reference for a
'turk's head' acorn. Have you got a photo you can send?
Has it got another name?

Catalpas...might be some around here.

I recently started some oak seedlings in my city yard
(it's  very acidic, under scabby looking elms and choke
cherries at the moment.Would probably grow may apples
and trillium too.) This is an oak I'm unfamiliar with,
the leaves look something like white oak, but the
acorns are bizarre, the caps thin and papery and small,
the acorns seem big as derrigibles...not sure what they
are, but they need planted the moment they fall in the
fall because they sprout immediately.

So can you send photos or a web reference?

Melissa Hellen at horizonview dot net, with all lower
case.