Re: [APD] Atrazine

A carcinogen doesn't work by being poisonous.  It works by affecting
the DNA of the cells.  About all that is changed by bigger doses,
unless it is also poisonous, is how quickly the DNA damage is visible
as cancer.  As I  posted before, only a small percentage of the
chemicals that have been tested, at any level, are carcinogens.  Once a
chemical is found to be carcinogenic, the wise thing is to assume it is
carcinogenic for all species and greatly limit or eliminate exposure to
it.  And, just as smoking does not mean that an individual will get
cancer, but it does greatly increase the probability that he will, the
same is true of other carcinogens to a lesser or greater degree.

Vaughn H.