Re: [APD] (no subject)

On Sat, 27 May 2006 11:23:00 -0600, "Jamie Bright"
<jamiejoybright at msn_com> wrote:

>Help!!  Can you help me determine why my goldfish are dying?

I forgot to mention that you might want to learn how to
do necropsies and biopsies and do some microscope work
to check for parasites, bacteria, etc. You can even go
so far as to find out if the bacteria are gram negative
or gram positive to determine which medication would be
best to use in the treatment.

If you don't want to do this yourself, you might find a
vet who can do this for you. They might ask you to
freeze or ice down your dead fish within a half hour of
its death and bring it immediately to them. There are
also labs that can do this but you would need to ask
some questions to find out where this can be done, and
for how much. Bringing a fish that is several hours old
and beginning to rot will not prove to be very useful.

We're new to this part but are learning.

A book on this by Erik L Johnston: Fancy Goldfish--A
Complete Guide to Care and Collecting.

He is also on the KoiVet.com web site. He answers
questions and is very accessible and only too happy to
help people, as is Dianne Walstead (I think I
misspelled her last name in my last post).

Donald Hellen