Re: [APD] Hydroponics

Who said hydroponic fertilizers were all raw chemicals like KNO3?  Have
you ever actually been to a hydroponic store?  The one near me sells
water soluble fertilizers made from all natural sources like bat guano,
phosphate rock, etc.  So yes, one can grow organic produce
hydroponically.

> "Organic" produce sells at a higher price because yields are
> smaller than those of foods grown with chemical aids.  I
> could never see any sense in paying that higher price, since
> "organic" and "regular" foods are chemically
> identical, but if it makes people feel good, then . . .   .

This is one og the most uninformed comments I have heard in a while.
Organic is not about food being more nutritious.  Who ever said that?
Organic is about taking better care of the planet we live on.  Synthetic
fertilizers, herbicies, pesticides have long-term negative affects on
the environment.  It's been proven countless times.  If you had a
choice, would you rather raise your children in a community of organic
farming/soil practices or near an 5000 acre Illinois corn farm with
atrazine loaded soil and groundwater?

-Nick