Re: [APD] Praziquantel and shrimp

I asked this question about 2 weeks ago but it seems nobody knew if
prazi would have an effect on shrimp. I thought I'd post what I found,
just for future reference, though now that I've studied praziquantel a
little bit more, the result is fairly predictable.

Not wanting to risk my shrimp and slightly paranoid, I ended up
pulling as many as I could from the tank. However I left a few in the
tank (not really by choice, I just couldn't catch them). I dosed with
praziquantel to 5mg/L, changed the water 4 days later and dosed the
same again. It's now been 13 days since the original dose and the
prazi has had no noticeable effect on the shrimp at all. It stopped my
fish from flashing against rocks and plants though :) At least for
now.

Anyway, just some anecdotal data that somebody might be interested in.