Re: [APD] Excel

This topic has come up more than once. Excel's key ingredient is polycycloglutaracetal, as stated by Dr. Morin here:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200004/msg00084.html

There's more than a few posts in the archives about Excel, inlcuding some quotes from Dr. Morin of SeaChem. Here's one:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200110/msg00302.html

and here is some further info:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200206/msg00204.html

As Dr. Morin has stated:

"It is very important that the user heed the rather bold warning on the label to _not overdose_ the product (yes there is a safety margin built in)."

I know of folks that dose beyond the bottle instructions without apparent problems (probably enjoying the "built in" safety margin).

Oddly, there are no posts that give the phonetic spelling ;-)

have plants, have fun,
sh

Come to the 2006 Aquatic Gardeners Association Convention and plan a few extra days in San Francisco enjoying the Cable cars, Lombard St., Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf . . .

The Convention will be November 10-12 at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel -- San Francisco International Airport. Speakers, Field Trip, and the largest aquatic plant auction in the US.

Details will be posted soon at http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/