Re: [APD] Algae and Aquarium Sealant

Thanks to both of you for the info...I also followed up with a call to All-Glass as I have never had this happen on a tank before.  The rep told me that the seal is between the two pieces of glass.  She said she had never heard of holes coming in the part that's in the tank, but that it wouldn't affect the integrity of the tank.  She said that the worst that would happen if the seal between the glass deteriorated would be a slow beading of water, at which point repair would be needed.  So, I'll just keep an eye on it and relax.  Thanks again!

  Beverly

>>>I have tanks over 10-20 years old that I've scrubbed to the nub.
No issues near as I can tell.

Regards,
Tom Barr
----
Isn't it just the sealant that is between the two pieces of glass that
does the job of holding them together and sealing?  I think the squeeze
out of silicone is superfluous.  Unless they did a really bad job of
cleaning the glass before assembling the tank the worst that might
happen is a seeping leak.  But, I could be wrong.

Vaughn H.<<<