Re: [APD] CO2 regulator problem

Two things I noticed when I first set up my CO2 system, using the
Milwaukee all in one regulator are:   The CO2 tank will be very cold at
first, or mine certainly was.  That makes the gas pressure in the tank
be low, but constantly rising as the temperature goes up.  And, that
affected the outlet pressure.  The second thing was that at an outlet
pressure below 20 psi the outlet bubble rate would not stay constant,
and the rate would often be zero when the solenoid re-opened.  After a
day, the gas pressure in the tank remained constant because the CO2 had
finally equalized with the room temperature.  And, when I increased the
outlet pressure to about 25 psi the bubble rate became stable, coming
back to the set rate immediately after solenoid opening.  After a
couple of weeks I adjusted the outlet pressure back to about 15 psi to
adjust bubble rate and it continued to work very well.

I don't know if the Azoo regulator operates the same way, but I think I
remember reading that it is a  higher quality than the Milwaukee
regulator.  In any case I would try increasing the outlet pressure a
bit to try to stabilize the bubble rate.

Vaughn H.