From: Kevin_Buckley at uk.neceur.com
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 5:57:33 AM
Subject: Re: [APD] Flourish iron & KH drop

I guess a 500ml dose each time would be quite interesting to watch!

My tank initially measured 0mg/l Fe so I made an initial dose of 2 x
"capfuls" (~4ml - 5ml).

After that, I was dosing a capful every other day & my Fe was hovering
around 0.1mg/l.

I used the "5ml added to 2l" quantity so that the test was do'able & the
result likely to be measurable by a "hobby" KH test kit.

Trying to add 50 microlitres of Flourish iron to 2l would be pretty
impossible & I'm sure the result would be unmeasurable using a "two drops
per degree KH" test kit.

However, what I can tell you is that, within 2 minutes of adding 5ml of
Flourish iron to my 50g, the pH started to drop from it's controlled level
of 7.30, down to 7.15 after about 15 minutes.

So it seems to me I don't need to look elsewhere for the culprit!

Regards, Kevin