> From: RMGTBTS at aol_com
> Subject: [APD] large water changes
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> I also change out 50% to 75% weekly with one exception.
>
> if i am trying to grow out some very young corydora catfish in
> a tall tank  i
> will lower the water level and when changing water only do 25%
> change  with a
> very slow refill.
>
> I have been told the young cory's have a slower developing
> respiratory
> capacity and too large of a water change  in too deep water
> will not  be good.
>
> rich green
> milton ma

I'd seek advice from other people .......fast.
I've bred cories(as well as other fish from a wide range), have
a number of members in our local clubs that breed/have bred them
for many years.

Cories grow fast and happy if you feed them right and provide
good clean water that is typical of planted tanks.
They thrive with large water changes, if food is not helping,
then we start doing the large water changes with soft water.
Most do 50-75% changes. Discus, apistos, tetras etc.......cories
are even less picky. Just feed them well.
That's the main thing, feed often, good quality frozen, fresh or
live foods. I use live food sparingly as a rule and then mainly
from SW to FW or FW to SW, this avoids parasites and disease
that are common in live foods.
Vingar eels, baby brine are good for live, frozen blackworms
etc. Feed them 3-5X a day for good growth.
Yep, that's a lot of work, but that's how to do it if max growth
is what you are after, stunting in fish is generally food or
tank size related.

Regards,
Tom Barr