Re: [APD] PMDD

Vaughn Hopkins wrote:
> Aren't we trying to make our plants light limited?  We add a lot of
> light, then add enough fertilizers, including CO2,  so that there is
> more than the plants will use.  If we increase the light, we also
> increase the fertilizers to stay ahead.  Anyway, that's how I have it
> figured out, but I do tend to be wrong a lot.

I think in terms of plant growth we are trying to make it light-limited.
With respect to algae I thought the conventional wisdom here was that
phosphate, nitrogen, iron, etc. were not sufficient causal factors, but
that low CO2 in conjunction with high levels of nutrients *was*
sufficient to allow an algae outbreak. If low CO2 and high nutrients do
not cause algae in natural systems, I don't see why it would in the
aquarium.

--
Jerry Baker