From: aquatic-plants-bounces+skettle=snclavalinprofac_com at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+skettle=snclavalinprofac_com at actwin.com]
On Behalf Of Jerry Baker
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:42 PM
To: aquatic plants digest
Subject: Re: [APD] Just a heads up

Liz Wilhite wrote:
> I realize that inflating shipping charges is a common ploy on eBay to
> boost profits, but I had actually expected that a reputable business
> would not be charging that sort of price for a small, lightweight
> parcel sent through the mail (not priority, not express, just plain
> old mail).  I will not be ordering from them again.

Thanks for the pointer. I don't know why a lot of places do this. I
suppose it's just greed. I can't speak for Aquatic Ecosystems, but I can
speak for my former employer. Whenever we shipped replacement parts to
customers we got the price from the UPS software and added 50%. When I
inquired I was told that shipping is a service like anything else and so
we need to make a profit.

--
Jerry Baker