Re: [APD] Estimative Index for CO Dosing - Bah!

This intrigues me.  I'm going to get out the kits again and try to see
if I can apply this.  So, if I let a tank sample of water sit
overnight, test the PH, and from that, figure the KH assuming 4 ppm of
CO2 is in the water, that will be the true carbonate contribution to
the KH, and the KH I should use with the tables to determine my CO2 ppm
from a tank sample taken during the day?  Assuming this is accurate
enough why wouldn't this be the preferable way to check CO2 all of the
time?  I would certainly prefer to know my CO2 level more accurately
than by using the fish misery test.

That suggests to me that the KH/PH/CO2 table can be changed to a PH
overnight/PH during the day/CO2 table, and not even have to measure KH
except to make sure it is high enough to avoid PH crashes.

Vaughn H.