Re: [APD] Help me prevent a fatal accident or injury

Gordon McLellan wrote:
> I second Scott's caution and further extend it.
>
> The voltage between bulb and ballast may exceed the insulation of a
> standard extension cord as well.   Although those extension cords may
> be rated at 1650+ watts, the breakdown voltage of the insulation may
> only be 300v ... so any voltage exceeding that number is likely to
> tunnel through, regardless of the currents involved.

I worried about that. The wire itself is the same guage, but the
insulation on the ballast and on the light seems to be some sort of wxy
feeling cloth. Since I could not find out how many volts are output from
the ballast, I couldn't get appropriate wire. The ballast recommends a
4kV-rated bulb socket, but any wire I found rated for 4kV was thick as
my thumb.

--
Jerry Baker